The Iron Horse Hotel
500 West Florida Street | Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53204
Please reference the "Brazner/Larsen Wedding Block" when calling to receive the wedding booking rate. Note: the wedding booking rate is not available online; please call the hotel directly.
A shuttle service will be available from the Iron Horse Hotel to the Pritzlaff wedding venue (a 5 minute ride or 12 minute walk) on Sunday morning beginning at 9:00 AM. The shuttle will resume service back to the Hotel beginning at 2:30 PM.
Pick up location: The Iron Horse Hotel (500 West Florida Street)
Drop off location: The Historic Pritzlaff Building (at our special wedding entrance right around the corner at 143 West St. Paul Avenue.)
Things To Do in Milwaukee
The Iron Horse Hotel is minutes from lots of great Milwaukee attractions! The following are a few local favorites:
1) THIRD WARD NEIGHBORHOOD: There is lots to do in one of Scott and Caitlin's favorite Downtown Milwaukee neighborhoods, the Third Ward, just across the river from the Pritzlaff wedding venue. Great restaurants, boutiques, and art galleries dot this historic piece of old Milwaukee's warehouse district and riverfront. Try the Wicked Hop, Milwaukee Ale House, Water Buffalo, or Café Benelux if you're looking for great food and excellent microbrews. A perfect steak can be found at the elegant Rare Steakhouse, and don't miss brunch at Merriment Social. A quick bite, groceries, and small gifts are all available at the Milwaukee Public Market, across the street from Starbucks. If the weather is nice, we recommend strolling along the Milwaukee River's newly refinished 2-mile long boardwalk, the RiverWalk (with an entrance behind the Milwaukee Ale House.) Take time to walk through the Third Ward district and enjoy all the shopping, great food, and beautiful 20th century-architecture this revitalized urban neighborhood has to offer.
2) GREAT LAKES DISTILLERY: Discover small-batch craft spirits at this local Milwaukee distillery located 1 block from the Iron Horse Hotel. Tour/Tastings are available (approximately 1 hour in length; $10; must be booked in advance.) Be sure to try Rehorst Vodka! Visit Greatlakesdistillery.com to learn more.
3) HARLEY-DAVIDSON MUSEUM: Milwaukee, WI is the birthplace of the American classic, the Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Located right next door to the Iron Horse Hotel, the H/D Museum is where you can learn about all things Harley-Davidson and see over 450 motorcycles and artifacts at this newly built Milwaukee landmark. Admission $20/adult. Visit http://www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_US/home/museum.html for more information.
4) POTAWATOMI CASINO: Try your luck at this 24/7 casino located a short cab ride away from the Iron Horse Hotel. Enjoy dice, cards, spinning ball, reels, horses, and more at this exciting Milwaukee spot. Including nearly 3,000 slot machines and a bingo hall, there is always something happening at the Potawatomi Casino. Visit paysbig.com for more details.
5) MILWAUKEE ART MUSEUM: Beautifully designed by internationally renowned Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava, the Milwaukee Art Museum on Lake Michigan is itself a work of art worth seeing. With nearly 30,000 pieces in its permanent collection (2,500 on display), the Museum specializes in European art with a special focus on Milwaukee's German heritage, Modern art with stunning pieces from the diverse Bradley Collection, American Decorative Arts, and the recently opened Herzfeld Center for Photography and Media Arts. The Musuem also boasts three opportunities to dine, the formal Cafe Calatrava, Windhover Coffee and Espresso, and the new East End Wine Bar, all of which feature spectacular views of Lake Michigan. Admission $17/adult. Visit mam.org for more information.
6) LAKEFRONT BREWERY: Take a reasonable cab ride from the Iron Horse Hotel to Milwaukee's Brewer's Hill neighborhood and visit one of Milwaukee's preeminent microbreweries for a wonderful meal, or a tour/tasting. Choose the "Technical Tour" ($30/adult, 1.5 hours) for an in-depth look into the details and "how-to's" of brewing and pairing beer. The "Tour" ($10, 45 minutes) is a great option for those simply wishing to sample a few beers and enjoy the ambiance. Go to lakefrontbrewery.com for more information.
7) OTHER OPTIONS: A few more options farther away that might be up your alley... Consider visiting the Milwaukee County Zoo, the Mitchell Park Conservatory (the Domes Botanical Gardens), the Milwaukee Public Museum, Discovery World Interactive Science and Freshwater Aquarium, Sprecher Brewery Tours, MillerCoors Brewery Tours, and/or the Cedar Creek Winery and numerous Victorian boutiques and antique shops in Historic Downtown Cedarburg.